Friday, April 06, 2007

Opening Series (1-3)

Well, here comes the good, the bad, and the ugly after the opening series.

The GOOD: Opening Day. Carpenter got lit up, but my other 4 OD starters went 4-0. Lackey, Dontrelle, Harang, and Johan all got wins to start the season with a bang. My bullpen has also been solid. Shields and Speier have gotten holds for me like expected. Valverde looked dominant twice and horrible once. Paps got his first save of the season. And, my 2 Pirate starters both looked good. Snell got 11 Ks in a ND, and Gorzelanny picked up a nice win.

The BAD: A 1-3 record in my first series against division rival Otto. After racking up over 180 points in the first game, I lost the next 3 (2 of 3 were extremely close...1 game decided by 1 point). But, my team is still getting points like I thought it would, so I'm not terrible concerned.

The UGLY: Carpeneter's elbow is bothering him after 1 start. He will miss his next start (and hopefully no more). It's still early, but I don't like when my aces have trouble early. If he goes down, my deal to get him will really hurt (losing B-rob and Connor Jackson).

My offense is off to a decent start despite having only 1 HR (Miggy). No one is kncking the cover off the ball yet, but it's been a solid performance. My next series is against Brooklyn. He has 3 starters in game 1, and I have none. So, my offense and bullpen will need a big day to keep me in this one and avoid a 4 game losing streak. The swelling is gone in his elbow, and his start has only been moved back from Friday to Tuesday. Hopefully, this will be the end of it...but, it has me a touch nervous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home