Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Bye Bye Pudge...

I made a trade late last night to bolster my minor leagues and build for the future. I sent Pudge packing to the Tri-State Titans - along with RP Todd Coffey - for Neil Walker, Ryan Sweeney, and a 3rd round pick.

Neil Walker is a 21-year-old slugging prospect for the Pirates. He was a 1st round pick in 2004 as a Catcher, but was moved to 3B full-time this season. He is currently flourishing for the AA Altoona Curves to the tune of a 925 OPS (313/379/546, 11 HR, 37 RBIs). He still struggles with defense, but I'm hoping that comes around.







Ryan Sweeney is one of the top prospects in the White Sox Organization. At age 22, Sweeney has already had a short stay in the big leagues. Currently, he's in AAA and playing for the Charlotte Knights. He has respectable 778 OPS so far this season.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rogmeister said...

This is kind of funny...I just e-mailed you to ask if you would write about this trade in your blog...I guess I should've checked here first! My team (the above-mentioned Tri-State Titans) has been pretty bad for a long time so I felt the need to try and help it now. I also used an override to acquire RP Eddie Guardado yesterday. I'm surprised the team who was attempting to send him down (Brooklyn?) didn't rescind that send-down. Hopefully, Eddie will be activated soon and be saving games again.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home