Monday, May 14, 2007

Week 6


Player of the Week: Ian Snell (1-0, 14IP, 12 K, 2 BB, 4 ER, 48.25 pts.)

Cliff Lee had 50 pts, but I acquired him in mid-week, so he doesn't qualify since most of his points were earned with a CG victory as a member of PIB.

Trade 1: Jermaine Dye, John Buck, Wes Littleton, Chris Narveson to PIB for Cliff Lee, Ivan Rodriguez.
I get a very solid starter in Cliff Lee. I like the fact that he pitches for a team with an outstanding offense. Pudge is definitely getting older, but he should still provide solid production for a catcher (which is something I have been missing because Laird was such a disappointment).

Trade 2: BLOCKBUSTER: I traded Manny Ramirez, Aaron Harang, and Edwin Encarnacion to Hounds for Miguel Cabrera, Mike Sweeney, Todd Coffey, and Tom Mastny. I get one of the best young players in all of baseball in M-Cab (who is only 24). I'm not a fan of Sweeney, and he'll just hold down the fort at my Util spot until I can upgrade. Coffey and Mastny are solid RPs who will help solidify my bullpen. I give up Manny, who I cannot stand. He's a great talent, but I'd rather trade him too early in his career than too late. If I had waited too much longer, he wouldn't have much value left. Harang is the only piece I'm sad to part with. Even though his 5-1 start is deceivingly good (terrible ERA, great run support), he is a strikeout machine. But, the presence of Miguel Cabrera eases that pain.

I now have an excellent young nucleus to my offense: Pujols, M-Cab, Carl Crawford, Markakis, Barfield, Duncan...with Carlos Quentin on the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home