Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My 2 Buccos....


I must admit, I started the season a little nervous abotu having 2 Pirate SPs. And, after the horrible spring by Tom Gorzelanny, I was even more nervous. I wanted to deal 1 of them, but no one made me any legit offers. Reluctantly, I kept them both.

And now, I look forward to every start. Here are there numbers to start the season.

Ian Snell: 1-1, 1.80 ERA, 20 IP, 20/6 K/BB, 0.95 WHIP
Tom Gorzelanny: 2-0, 1.33 ERA, 20.1 IP, 11/4 K/BB, 0.93 WHIP

Gorz went 8.1 IP yesterday before tiring in the 9th to beat the Cards. Snell is near the NL lead in strikeouts. These guys have been awesome so far. And, I know it's early, but I'm liking what I see. Snell is 25, Gorz is 24, and they are both coming into their own. I'm excited to see what these guys can do in a full season.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rogmeister said...

I was worried about Gorzelanny, too, but he's pitched well. And I know Snell had a good year last season so I wasn't too surprised with him. Intrestingly, the #1 man in the rotation, Zach Duke, is struggling right now. I have a few of the Pirate relievers and a couple of position players, but no starting pitchers at this time.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home