Monday, May 21, 2007

Week 7:


Player of the Week: Jose Valverde (4IP, 0-0, 4 Saves, 4K, 0BB, 0ER, 59.5 Points).

I had a pretty good week, and it ended with a 4-0 record over the weekend. I'm creeping up on Otto, as he now leads me by only 2 games. I made a small trade this past week, picking up the struggling Vincente Padilla for RP Brian Shouse. I think Padilla's upside makes this trade a win. If he turns it around, I get a nice SP. If he doesn't, I don't really lose anything that isn't replaceable.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rogmeister said...

As I recall, I think Padilla tried to barehand a hit ball in his first start for you and was taken out for precautions after that...but he did pitch just over 5 innings and got the win. That's just my luck (I'm the one you got him from) because Kip Wells, who I also traded, also won for his new team. Padilla's pitching again today so I hope he loses...just so I feel vindicated a bit by making that trade. After that, he can go on a winning streak for all I care.

I think I have Valverde in another league and I believe he has 17 saves already...I think that puts him on a pace to save about 54 games this year, assuming he continues to average about 9 a month.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

He lost his 2nd start for me...gave up 5ER in just over 5IP...don't worry...he's back to his old form again...

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home