Monday, July 02, 2007

Week 13:

POW: Trevor Hoffman (0-0, 4 IP, 4 Saves, 1 ER, 52.5) Trevor takes home his second POW award after a week with 4 saves. My team had a pretty big weekend, including a spectacular day from my bullpen on Saturday (3-0, 3 Saves all from RPs). Calling up Scott Baker looks like it was a good move. He was terrific last night. Baker threw a CG with 1 ER, 3K, 1BB. But, he was tagged with a loss after being outduled by Bonderman. Matt Garza has been called up to the Twins, and he'll start in the bullpen. I'm hoping he does well and joins the Twins' rotation shortly.

My offense did absolutely nothing this week. I had 1 HR all week, and it was by Chris Duncan. My recent FA pickup of Nate Schierholtz is no longer working, as he doesn't do much of anything. I've thought about calling up Carlos Quentin, but he is struggling as well. Today, I'll begin looking for a new FA to play at UTIL. It sounds like Tejada is out for a while, so I'll be stuck with Uribe at SS. And, Laird was hitting better until I called him up, and he's now doing nothing again. Hopefully Week 13 was just an unlucky one for my offense...I sure am glad it's over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home